Health & Safety Statement
Health & Safety Information for Clients attending Silk Beauty Salon
General Hygiene Practice:
- All surfaces touched by clients during their appointment time slot are wiped down with antibacterial solution afterwards. These include: door handles, reception desk, nail bar & seat, toilet, sink & tap, couch, makeup chair & table
- All floors are washed & disinfected at the end of each day & any towels used are laundered at 60 degrees. Fresh towels are put out at the start of each day & are changed (if used) after each client.
- Any implements used on a client are sanitized before & after treatment and are put into a Barbicide solution to disinfect which is changed daily. These include; nail clippers, cuticle nippers, cuticle pusher, tweezers.
- Nail files are sprayed with sanitizing solution before & after use on each client.
- Foot files are disposed of & a fresh insert is used in the footspa for each treatment.
- For waxing treatments all spatulas are disposable & I operate a no double-dipping policy for hot wax to ensure maximum cleanliness & client protection.
- Cool wax (legs) is applied by roll-on & these are cleaned & sanitized after each client to ensure a safe hygienic waxing experience.
- Wax pots are cleaned at the end of each day & wax is boiled for 30 mins to ensure any bacteria present is eliminated.
- The beauty couch is wiped down after each client & fresh couch roll is placed on top at the beginning of each treatment along with a fresh towel if needed.
- All makeup brushes & sponges are washed, dried & sanitized before use on a client.
- Foundation & other liquids are dispensed onto a clean stainless steel palette that’s washed after use.
- Disposable mascara wands are used for each treatment & if client does not have their own lipstick it is taken from the barrel with a fresh cotton bud & applied with a clean brush.
- Therapist wears gloves at all times during a facial for client comfort, hygiene & safety. All products on the facial trolley are wiped down after treatment.
Implements used for extractions are sanitized & placed in barbicide solution to disinfect. Bowls are washed in hot soapy water & sanitized after use.
All other equipment used is disposable: hairnet, spatulas, cotton buds & cotton wool.
Towels used are laundered after treatment at 60 degrees.